Welcome Back to PlayStation Network this week!
The Official PlayStation Blog reports that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Entertainment Network International (SNEI) announced that they will initiate the restoration phase by regions of the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services this week, starting with everything related to Games, Music and video. Also there’s a Welcome Back Reward for the users!
After implementing strong security measures on PSN and Qriocity services, SCE and SNEI will start the restoration phase of them,including but not limited to, the following:
- Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
-This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
- Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
- Access to account management and password reset
- Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Friends List
- Chat Functionality
The new security measures implemented include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Added automated software monitoring and configuration management to help defend against new attacks
- Enhanced levels of data protection and encryption
- Enhanced ability to detect software intrusions within the network, unauthorized access and unusual activity patterns
- Implementation of additional firewalls
There will be a “Welcome Back” program offered worldwide, adapted to specific markets to provide consumers with a choice of service options and premium content as an expression of gratitude from the company for their patience , support and loyalty.
The main components of the “Welcome Back” program includes:
- Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
- All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
Otras bondades del programa de “Welcome Back” se lanzarán en las semanas siguientes mientras la compañía restaura completamente los servicios de PSN y Qriocity hasta llegar a su calidad standard.
SNEI continuará este mes reforzando y verificando la seguridad de las transacciones antes de restaurar la PlayStation Store y demás operaciones de Qriocity.
Other benefits of the “Welcome Back” program will be launched in the coming weeks as the company fully restored PSN and Qriocity services up to their standard quality.
SNEI will continue this month working on the security of transactions before restoring the PlayStation Store and other Qriocity operations.